Thursday 27 February 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to All I Have by Jennifer Lopez.
In UK All The Things She Said by Tatu was in the top 5 hits.
A Mighty Wind, directed by Christopher Guest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Bush at War by Bob Woodward was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Family Business.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Drakengard or Beatmania IIDX 9th Style.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 2003
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2003!
Which were the important events of 27 February 2003 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 February
- Former Bosnian Serb leader Biljana Plavšić is sentenced by the U.N. tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands, to 11 years in prison.
- Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Ðindic was assassinated in Belgrade.
- The WHO issues a global alert on SARS.
- Ariel Sharon presents the new politically right-wing Israeli government. Part of his coalition are Sharon's Likud bloc, the National Religious Party, the National Union and Tommy Lapid's secular Shinui party.
- Spanish Prime Minister José María Aznar personally asks United States President George W. Bush to silence Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, indicating that Rumsfeld's numerous public remarks on European countries' Iraq policies are generally viewed as inflammatory and overwhelmingly counterproductive within the European diplomatic community. Aznar indicated a preference for Secretary of State Colin Powell.
- Career diplomat John Brady Kiesling resigns from the U.S. Foreign Service with a sharp public rebuke for the Bush administration's foreign policy, asking ampquotHas ''oderint dum metuant'' really become our motto?ampquot and ampquotIs the Russia of the late Romanovs really our model, a selfish, superstitious empire thrashing toward self-destruction in the name of a doomed status quo?ampquot Full text
- Fred Rogers, the host of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, dies of stomach cancer in his Pittsburgh home at the age of 74.
- An internal investigation by the Washington, D.C., police department indicates that hundreds of people arrested for failure to obey a police order to disperse at Pershing Park on September 27, 2002, during protests against the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund were never actually ordered to disperse before being arrested. MPDC Chief Charles Ramsey was unapologetic, indicating that the actions of the police were necessary to protect the city.
- Rauf Denktaş, chief of the Turkish Cypriots, rejected the latest version of a United Nations plan to reunite Cyprus.
- Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize winner and Holocaust survivor, announced his support to the United States and United Kingdom campaign against Iraq.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- 50 Cent - In Da Club
- Aaliyah - Miss You
- R. Kelly - Ignition
- Jennifer Lopez Featuring LL Cool J - All I Have
- Gossip Folks - Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring Ludacris
- Tyrese - How You Gonna Act Like That
- 50 Cent - Wanksta
- Mesmerize - Ja Rule Featuring Ashanti
- JAY-Z - Excuse Me Miss
- Field Mob - Sick Of Being Lonely
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?