Friday February 14, 2003, Valentine's Day
US date format: 2/14/2003, UK date format: 14/2/2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 14, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to All I Have by Jennifer Lopez.
In UK All The Things She Said by Tatu was in the top 5 hits.
Swimming Upstream, directed by Russell Mulcahy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Hours by Michael Cunningham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Family Business.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Conflict: Desert Storm II or Anno 1503.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 14, 2003?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- See more
- Four ex-Symbionese Liberation Army members were sentenced to prison for the 1975 murder of Myrna Opsahl during a bank robbery in Carmichael, California.
- A very large demonstration was held in Melbourne to protest against the Australian government's support for the US's policy on Iraq. Organisers estimated that 200,000 people came out on to the streets, while some news sources put the number at ampquotup to 150,000ampquot.
- UNMOVIC chief weapons inspectors Hans Blix and Mohamed ElBaradei presented a report to the United Nations Security Council. They stated that the Iraqis had been co-operating well with the inspectors and that no weapons of mass destruction had been found, but that the Saddam Hussein regime had still to account for many banned weapons believed to have been in his arsenal. Mr Blix also expressed doubts about some of the conclusions in Colin Powell's Security Council presentation of February 5,
- Tariq Aziz of Iraq met with Pope John PaulnbspII
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 14, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- 50 Cent - In Da Club
- Aaliyah - Miss You
- R. Kelly - Ignition
- 50 Cent - Wanksta
- Ja Rule Featuring Ashanti - Mesmerize
- Jennifer Lopez Featuring LL Cool J - All I Have
- Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring Ludacris - Gossip Folks
- Erykah Badu Featuring Common - Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip Hop)
- Tyrese - How You Gonna Act Like That
- Dru Hill - I Should Be...
Sport Games on February 14, 2003
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Braunschweig - St Pauli : 0 - 1
- Duisburg - Karlsruhe : 2 - 0
- Lubeck - Freiburg : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Clermont - Beauvais : 1 - 0
- Istres - St Etienne : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Colchester - Mansfield : 1 - 0
- Roosendaal - Utrecht : 0 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next February 14If February 14, 2003 is your birthday you're 17 years, 5 months, 21 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 10 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in February 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $33.05
- Apple AAPL: opens at $14.61
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $47.25
- General Electric GE: opens at $22.08
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $76.40
- 1 USD = 120.3 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5222 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3616 CHF
- 1 EUR = 129.85 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6697 GBP