Friday 28 February 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 28, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to All I Have by Jennifer Lopez.
In UK All The Things She Said by Tatu was in the top 5 hits.
A Mighty Wind, directed by Christopher Guest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The King of Torts by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Family Business.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Championship Manager 4 or 1893: A World's Fair Mystery.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 February 2003
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 2003!
Which were the important events of 28 February 2003 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 February
- Canada's prime minister Jean Chrétien indicates that he believes that regime change is a dangerous goal for an invasion of Iraq, and that disarmament only should be the goal of international pressure.
- It is reported that, citing ampquotnational interestampquot as a reason, the British government under Margaret Thatcher contributed approximately £1bn of taxpayer money to Iraq under Saddam Hussein in the 1980s. Most of this money went into military infrastructure built by British companies such as GEC-Marconi.
- The new Austrian government, again headed by Federal Chancellor Wolfgang Schüssel, is sworn in by Federal President Thomas Klestil. After more than three months of negotiations following the general elections of November 24, 2002, Schüssel (Austrian People's Party) decided to continue the coalition with the right-of-centre Austrian Freedom Party begun in early 2000. Although any future influence on federal politics by Jörg Haider was averted, one of the new members of the government is Ursula
- Darren Flutie, Canadian Football's all-time leader in receptions, retires.
- The Czech Republic finally chooses a new President, former Prime Minister Václav Klaus. The county had been without a President after three attempts at choosing a replacement for former President Václav Havel.
- The United States 9th Circuit Court, based in San Francisco, California, reaffirmed its ruling that the words ampquotUnder Godampquot in the Pledge of Allegiance are unconstitutional. It is expected that the Bush administration will appeal to the Supreme Court.
- The United States government backtracked on its pledge to send American combat troops to the Philippines in order to track down Islamic terrorists in that nation. Philippine opponents of the plan threatened to impeach President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, if she had allowed foreign troops on Philippine soil in contradiction to the Philippine constitution.
- The European Dreamcast online gaming network Dreamarena was closed down.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 February 2003
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Louvieroise - Genk : 2 - 2
- St Truiden - Standard : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Braunschweig - Greuther Furth : 1 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Karlsruhe : 2 - 1
- Mainz - St Pauli : 1 - 1
- Mannheim - Reutlingen : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Grenoble - Laval : 0 - 1
- St Etienne - Niort : 2 - 0
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Nice - Nantes : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- 50 Cent - In Da Club
- Aaliyah - Miss You
- R. Kelly - Ignition
- Jennifer Lopez Featuring LL Cool J - All I Have
- Gossip Folks - Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring Ludacris
- Tyrese - How You Gonna Act Like That
- 50 Cent - Wanksta
- Mesmerize - Ja Rule Featuring Ashanti
- JAY-Z - Excuse Me Miss
- Field Mob - Sick Of Being Lonely
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?