Monday 27 September 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rhona Cameron and Steve Kerr.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hang On Sloopy by The McCoys.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Hill, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Green Berets by Robin Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Knock on Any Door.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1965 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Rhona Cameron: Scottish comedian.
- Steve Kerr: Lebanese-born basketball player.
- Robert Baldwin: Canadian-Japanese actor.
- Ricky Fuji: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Bernard Lord: Canadian lawyer and politician 30th Premier of New Brunswick.
- Peter MacKay: Canadian lawyer and politician 50th Canadian Minister of Justice
- Alexis Stewart: American radio and television host
- The largest tanker ship at the time, ''Tokyo Maru'', is launched in Yokohama, Japan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 September 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?