Friday 29 October 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anita Meijer and Herman Ronald Frazier.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Away All Boats by Kenneth Dodson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1954 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Anita Meijer: Dutch singer (Just a Disillusion).
- Herman Ronald Frazier: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- 400m / 4x400m runner (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kip Young: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers for 2 seasons in 1978-79.
- Lee Child: English author.
- Colonel Nasser disbands Moslem Brothership
- Sweden begins experimental TV
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?