Friday 28 November 1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grace Canoletti and Sunny Mabrey.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fly, Robin, Fly by Silver Convention.
In UK Space Oddity by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, directed by Milos Forman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapelski kresovi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing dnd or dnd.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1975!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1975 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Grace Canoletti: Brazilian model who was fourth born of eight girls.
- Sunny Mabrey: American actress.
- Bakarhythm : Japanese comedian actor playwright and composer.
- Eka Kurniawan: Indonesian journalist and author.
- Park Sung-bae: South Korean footballer.
- Takashi Shimoda: Japanese footballer
- Sigurd Wongraven: Norwegian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Satyricon and Storm)
- Democratic Republic East-Timor proclaimed
- Wings release Venus & Mars / Rock Show medley
- As the World Turns and The Edge of Night, the final two American soap operas that had resisted going to pre-taped broadcasts, air their last live episodes.
- The name ampquotMicro-softampquot (for microcomputer software) is used by Bill Gates in a letter to Paul Allen for the first time (Microsoft becomes a registered trademark on November 26, 1976).
- While disabled, the submarine tender ''USS Proteus (AS-19)'' discharges radioactive coolant water into Apra Harbor, Guam. A Geiger counter at two of the harbor's public beaches shows 100 millirems/hour, 50 times the allowable dose.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Elton John - Island Girl
- Captain and Tennille - The Way I Want To Touch You
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- Jigsaw - Sky High
- War - Low Rider
- Natalie Cole - This Will Be
- Bee Gees - Nights On Broadway
- The Four Seasons - Who Loves You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?