Sunday November 16, 1975
US date format: 11/16/1975, UK date format: 16/11/1975
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 16, 1975). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Yuki Uchida and Masaki Miura.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Island Girl by Elton John.
In UK Space Oddity by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare, directed by David Winters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Greek Treasure by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wonder Woman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Shark Jaws or Hi-way.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 16, 1975?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- See more
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Jacksonville Ladies Golf Open
- Ernst van Raalte: Lawyer / Minister / President, dies at...
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 16, 1975?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Island Girl
- Eagles - Lyin' Eyes
- The Four Seasons - Who Loves You
- Jefferson Starship - Miracles
- Linda Ronstadt - Heat Wave
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Natalie Cole - This Will Be
- Morris Albert - Feelings
- Captain and Tennille - The Way I Want To Touch You
- War - Low Rider
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- The Impressions - Same Thing It Took
- War - Low Rider
- KC And The Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Ohio Players - Sweet Sticky Thing
- Leon Haywood - I Want'a Do Something Freaky To You
- Van Mccoy - Change With The Times
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- Faith, Hope And Charity - To Each His Own
Sport Games on November 16, 1975
- Chicago Bears - San Francisco 49ers : 3 - 31
- Cleveland Browns - Oakland Raiders : 17 - 38
- Dallas Cowboys - New England Patriots : 34 - 31
- Denver Broncos - San Diego Chargers : 27 - 17
- Green Bay Packers - Detroit Lions : 10 - 13
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?