Saturday 28 November 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 28, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karen Gillian and Molly Brolin.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to (I've Had) The Time Of My Life by Bill Medley.
In UK China In Your Hand by T'Pau was in the top 5 hits.
Empire of the Sun, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Hausmeisterin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Inspector Gadget and the Circus of Fear or Hydrofool.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 November 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1987!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1987 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Karen Gillian
- Molly Brolin: American noted family, the daughter of actor James Brolin and his wife, actress Jan Smithers.
- Karen Gillan: Scottish actress.
- Whitney Engen: Soccer Player.
- Lashana Lynch: Actress.
- Bianca Manalo: Filipino model and actress.
- Elena Satine: Georgian-American actress and singer.
- Craig Kieswetter: English cricketer.
- South African Airways flight 295 crashes into the Indian Ocean, killing all 159 people on-board.
- South African Airways Flight 295 crashes into the Indian ocean off Mauritius due to a fire in the cargo hold the 159 passengers and crew perish.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Medley - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life
- Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
- Billy Idol - Mony Mony Live
- Richard Marx - Should've Known Better
- George Michael - Faith
- Bruce Springsteen - Brilliant Disguise
- Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
- Sting - We'll Be Together
- Cutting Crew - I've Been In Love Before
- Debbie Gibson - Shake Your Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stevie Wonder - Skeletons
- System of Survival - Earth, Wind & Fire
- The Temptations - I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- Angela Winbush - Angel
- Alexander O'Neal - Criticize
- Shanice Wilson - (Baby Tell Me) Can You Dance
- Marlon Jackson - Don't Go
- Miles Jaye - Let's Start Love Over
- Levert - My Forever Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - Y TU TAMBIEN LLORARAS
- Julio Iglesias - Que no se rompa la noche
- Beatriz Adriana - La luna sera la luna
- Negra - Roberto Carlos
- Ahora Te Puedes Marchar - Luis Miguel
- PONTE A CANTAR - Jose Feliciano
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Nelson Ned - Me Pase De La Cuenta
- Wilkins - Margarita
- Amada Mia - Jose Luis Perales
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?