Wednesday 18 November 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jake Abel and Hitomi Harada.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mony Mony Live by Billy Idol.
In UK China In Your Hand by T'Pau was in the top 5 hits.
Planes, Trains & Automobiles, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Kaleidoscope by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Omsen & Momsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bases Loaded or Ai Senshi Nicol.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1987!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1987 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Famous Birthdays:18 November
- Jacques Anquetil: French cyclist, winner of the Tour de France in 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963 and 1964.
- Congressional committee reports on Iran-Contra affair
- Cubs Andre Dawson is 1st from last-place club ever to win an MVP
- U.S. Senate and House panels release reports charging President Ronald Reagan with 'ultimate responsibility' for the Iran-Contra affair.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 November 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Idol - Mony Mony Live
- Bill Medley - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life
- Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
- Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
- Bruce Springsteen - Brilliant Disguise
- Swing Out Sister - Breakout
- Richard Marx - Should've Known Better
- Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
- Cutting Crew - I've Been In Love Before
- George Michael - Faith
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?