Thursday November 12, 1987
US date format: 11/12/1987, UK date format: 12/11/1987
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 12, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Cathy Nguyen and Jason Day.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany.
In UK China In Your Hand by T'Pau was in the top 5 hits.
3 Men and a Baby, directed by Leonard Nimoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Finders Keepers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Combat School or Hi no Tori Hououhen: Gaou no Bouken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 12, 1987?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- See more
- Teddy & Alice opens at Minskoff Theater NYC for 77 performances
- Heavy snow closes schools from Washington DC to Maine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 12, 1987?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
- Billy Idol - Mony Mony Live
- Bill Medley - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life
- Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
- Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
- Swing Out Sister - Breakout
- Bruce Springsteen - Brilliant Disguise
- Madonna - Causing A Commotion
- Pet Shop Boys - It's A Sin
- Richard Marx - Should've Known Better
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next November 12If November 12, 1987 is your birthday you're 32 years, 10 months, 7 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 24 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?