Sunday 28 October 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Tate and Michel Lagravère.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Gypsy, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jim Knopf und die wilde Dreizehn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1962 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Bobby Tate: Fictional character on Soap.
- Michel Lagravère: French Matador who moved to Mexico in 1994 and runs a bull-fighting academy Silverio Pérez with 23 students.
- Scotty Nguyen: Vietnamese-born American professional poker player.
- Erik Thorstvedt: Norwegian footballer and manager.
- Daphne Zuniga: San Francisco, California -- Actress (Jo Reynolds-Melrose Place, Spaceballs).
- Pierre Froidebise: Composer, dies at 48.
- Khrushchev orders withdrawal of missiles from Cuba, ending crisis
- Radio Moscow reports nuclear missiles in Cuba deactivated
- New York Giants' Y.A. Tittle passes for seven touchdowns versus Washington Redskins (49-34).
- Cuban Missile Crisis: Soviet Union leader Nikita Khrushchev announces that he had ordered the removal of Soviet missile bases in Cuba.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?