Sunday 29 December 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Bodin and Bruce Beutler.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to April Love by Pat Boone.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Please Don'T Eat The Daisies by Jean Kerr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sea Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 December 1957 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Louis Bodin: French meteorologist engineer, TV weather presenter, radio and TV host, he should have presented the French version of the Swedish adventure game "Dropped" in 2015 but his project was stopped because of a crash involving candidates and technicians (helicopter collision).
- Bruce Beutler
- Brad Grey: American screenwriter and producer.
- Oliver Hirschbiegel: German actor director and producer.
- Iain Paxton: Scottish rugby player and coach.
- Paul Rudnick: American author playwright and screenwriter.
- Singers Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme wed in Las Vegas
- Detroit Lions beat Cleveland Browns 50-14 in NFL championship game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?