Thursday 30 December 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Greenstein .
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Animal Farm, directed by Joy Batchelor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Saturday Evening Post Treasury by Roger Butterfield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Was bin ich?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1954 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Barry Greenstein: American poker player and philanthropist.
- Archduke Eugen of Austria: Austrian field marshal (Born 1863).
- House of Flowers opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 165 performances
- 1st use of 24-sec shot clock in pro basketball (Rochester vs. Boston)
- Harold Arlen / Truman Capotes musical premieres in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?