Saturday July 30, 1977
US date format: 7/30/1977, UK date format: 30/7/1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on July 30, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jaime Pressly and Ian Watkins (Lostprophets).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK I Feel Love by Donna Summer was in the top 5 hits.
Mimino, directed by Georgiy Daneliya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while A Book Of Common Prayer by Joan Didion was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Be My Guest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Triple Hunt or Baseball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 30, 1977?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Left-wing German terrorists Susanne Albrecht, Dresdner-Bank.com chairman of the Dresdner Bank in Oberursel, West Germany.
- United States Senate hearings on MKULTRA are held.
- The Tandy Corporation TRS-80 Model I computer is announced at a press conference.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 30, 1977?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 30If July 30, 1977 is your birthday you're 43 years, 1 month, 24 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 months, 7 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?