Friday 25 June 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Sutherland and Robert Reichel.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Walkabout, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1971 ?
- Mike Sutherland: CFL offensive linebacker (Montreal Alouettes).
- Robert Reichel: Litinov, Czechoslovakia -- Hockey forward (NY Islanders, Olympics - Gold - 1998).
- Ryan Carey: CFL safety (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Santiago de Tezanos: Uruguayan architect.
- Angela Kinsey: American actress.
- Neil Lennon: Northern Irish footballer
- Jason Lewis: TV Actor
- Karen Darke: English cyclist and author
- Jason Gallian: Australian-English cricketer and educator
- Sébastien Levicq: French decathlete
- Scott Maslen: English model and actor
- Michael Tucker: South Boston, Virginia -- Outfielder (KC Royals)
- Madagascar accuses the U.S. of being connected to the plot to oust the current government the U.S. recalls its ambassador.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?