Friday 15 July 1977
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lana Parrilla and Andre Nel.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Da Doo Ron Ron by Shaun Cassidy.
In UK So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate was in the top 5 hits.
The Hills Have Eyes, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Condominium by John D. MacDonald was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Foundation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air-Sea Battle or Blackjack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1977!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 July 1977 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Lana Parrilla: American actress.
- Andre Nel: South African cricketer.
- John St Clair: American football player.
- Peter Afarian: American teenager who was killed on 07/28/1996, 00:45 AM as a passenger in the front seat of the car driven by his friend, Jason Veilleux.
- Rachele Bastreghi: Italian singer-songwriter and musician, a member of the Tuscan group Baustelle.
- Ray Toro: American guitarist (My Chemical Romance).
- Faraz Anwar: Pakistani guitarist (Mizraab).
- Kitana Baker: American model and actress.
- André Nel: South African cricketer.
- John Clair: American football player.
- Konstantin Fedin: Russian author and poet (d. 1977).
- Anti-drug campaigner Donald Mackay disappears near Griffith, New South Wales (presumed murdered).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?