Monday 31 October 1966, Halloween
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Keyser and Adam Horovitz (Adrock).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Last Train To Clarksville by The Monkees.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vendetta.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1966 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Brian Keyser: Castro Valley, California -- Pitcher (Chicago White Sox).
- Adam Horovitz (Adrock): American rapper (Beastie Boys).
- Ad-Rock [Adam: Horowitz]; rocker (Beastie Boys - "You Gotta Fight").
- Jean-Claude Gos: French Neo-Nazi and bigoted fanatic.
- Mike O'Malley: American actor and writer who has appeared in many films and television series.
- Adam Horovitz: Rapper
- Ad-Rock : American rapper producer and actor (Beastie Boys and BS 2000)
- Joseph Boyden: Canadian-American author and academic
- Koji Kanemoto: Wrestler (NJPW / AAA / UWA, Tiger Mask, King Lee)
- Annabella Lwin: Burmese singer-songwriter and producer (Bow Wow Wow)
- Jon Wurster: American drummer and radio host (Superchunk and The Mountain Goats)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 October 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Tommy Roe - Hooray For Hazel
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- The Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?