Friday 21 October 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Tolles and Jonas B.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Reach Out I'll Be There by Four Tops.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
The Fortune Cookie, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Everything But Money by Sam Levenson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cliff Dexter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 October 1966 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Tommy Tolles
- Jonas B: Svensson, Sweden -- Tennis star.
- Thomas Louis Tolles Jr: Fort Myers, Florida -- PGA golfer (1995 Bob Hope-3rd).
- Arne Sandst?: Norwegian footballer.
- Stephen Gruning: American homicide: jealous and controlling, he stormed into the apartment of his former girl friend, Rhonda Stuart, with a shot-gun, sledgehammer and revolver on 2/12/1995 at 6:00 AM.
- Phillip Price: Welsh golfer.
- Igor Prins: Estonian footballer and manager.
- Arne Sandstø: Norwegian footballer and manager.
- Gertrude Hoffman: Actress (Mrs Odetts-My Little Margie), dies at 95.
- 144 die as a coal waste landslide engulfed a school in Aberfan S Wales
- Aberfan disaster: A slag heap collapses on the village of Aberfan in Wales, killing 144 people, mostly schoolchildren.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- The Association - Cherish
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - See See Rider
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?