Saturday 30 June 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fantasia Barrino and Miles Austin.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Reflex by Duran Duran.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
Bachelor Party, directed by Neal Israel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hum Log.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Battle-Road or Daredevil Dennis.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1984 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Fantasia Barrino: American singer.
- Miles Austin: American football player.
- Gabriel Badilla: Costa Rican footballer.
- Ron Morales: Filipino actor.
- Lillian Hellman: American writer, the most important playwright of her generation for her psychological intensity and liberal views, using a clear, cold eye on her characters: the queen of Broadway's intelligentsia.
- Failed coup by cocaine growers in Bolivia
- Last sixpence minted in Great-Britain (in use since 1551)
- Longest pro football game, LA Express beats Michigan Panthers 27-21 in USFL playoffs, games lasts 93 minutes 33 seconds
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?