Sunday 31 October 1920, HalloweenUS date format: 10/31/1920, UK date format: 31/10/1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 31, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helmut Newton and Jean Royer.
Erotikon, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 October 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1920 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Helmut Newton: German-born photographer, known for his fashion photography of nude women and his portrayal, usually in black and white, of sexuality.
- Jean Royer: French politician, mayor of Tours, France.
- Dick Francis: Wales, United Kingdom -- Jockey / detective writer (Whip Hand, High Stakes).
- Leonard Freeman
- Fritz Walter: German footballer.
- Dedan Kimathi: Kenyan rebel leader (Born 1920).
- Joseph Gelineau: French priest and composer (d. 2008).
- Melina Mercouri: Greek actress and noted family, the daughter of the Minister of the Interior.
- Leon Danielian: American ballet dancer, leading dancer with ballet theatre and later a teacher.
- Alphonse Desjardins: Canadian journalist and businessman co-founded Desjardins Group (d. 1920).
- Romania annexes Bessarabia
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whispering - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I'm in Heaven When I'm in My Mother's Arms - William Robyn
- A Young Man's Fancy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra