Sunday 31 October 1937, Halloween
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Paxton in Chicago and Michael Landon in Forest Hills.
The Hurricane, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Northwest Passage (novel) by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intimate Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1937 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Tom Paxton in Chicago: Illinois, USA; folk singer/songwriter ("Forest Lawn").
- Michael Landon in Forest Hills: New York, USA; actor (Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie, Highway to Heaven).
- Tom Paxton: American folksinger, composer, guitarist and poet.
- Jean-Louis Servan-Schreiber: Boulogne-Billt Journalist.
- Spanish government moves from Valencia to Barcelona
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?