Wednesday 6 October 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert B Johnston and Mario Capecchi.
Stage Door, directed by Gregory LaCava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while And So-Victoria by Vaughan Wilkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 October 1937 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Robert B Johnston
- Mario Capecchi: Italian-born Nobel Prize winner, distinguished American professor, researcher and recipient of many international awards for his work on gene targeting.
- Emilio Isgrò: Italian artist, painter, poet, playwright and writer.
- Robert Johnston: Scottish-American military Major General, a two-star U.S.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?