Saturday 23 October 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Vassiliu and Carlos Lamarca.
Stand-In, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Years by Virginia Woolf was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1937 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Rosalie - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?