Saturday 2 October 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnnie L Cochran Jr and Johanna Davis.
Stage Door, directed by Gregory LaCava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1937 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Johnnie L Cochran Jr: American attorney (d. 2005).
- Johanna Davis: American writer and noted family, the daughter of film producer Joseph Mankiewitz and wife of writer-producer Peter Frank Davis.
- Roberto Herlitzka: Italian theatre and film actor, who has appeared in 38 films since 1973.
- NBA League: American League Name Change.
- Johnnie Cochran: American lawyer (d. 2005).
- FDR visits Grand Coulee Dam construction site in Washington State
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 October 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?