January 1902 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in January 1902.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on January 1902: find out below
Which were the important events of January 1902?
- 01 Jan 1902 The first American college football bowl game, the Rose Bowl between Michigan and Stanford, is held in Pasadena.
- 03 Jan 1902 Reg Duff 104 on Test debut, versus England at Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- 04 Jan 1902 Hugh Trumble takes a hat-trick versus England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- 08 Jan 1902 A train collision in the New York Central Railroad's Park Avenue Tunnel kills 17, injures 38, and leads to increased demand for electric trains and led to the banning of Steam locomotives in the state.
- 13 Jan 1902 Textile workers strike in Enschede Netherlands till June 1.
- 23 Jan 1902 Winnipeg Victorias sweep Toronto Wellingtons in two for the Stanley Cup.
- 24 Jan 1902 Denmark sells Virgin Islands to USA.
- 28 Jan 1902 The Carnegie Institution of Washington is founded in Washington, D.C. with a $10 million gift from Andrew Carnegie.
- 30 Jan 1902 The first Anglo-Japanese Alliance is signed in London.
American actress on stage and film who...
American psychologist and academic (d....
French journalist (d. 1989).
- See more
dies at age 66.
dies at age 65.
dies at age 70.
Which were the top hits in January 1902?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bert Williams - I Don't Like That Face You Wear
- Bert Williams - Good Morning, Carrie
- Bert Williams - When It's All Going Out and Nothing Coming In
- Metropolitan Orchestra - Creole Belles
- Jere Mahoney - For Old Times' Sake