Sunday 26 January 1902
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norma Hadsden and Romney Brent.
Uncle Josh at the Moving Picture Show, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1902!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1902 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Norma Hadsden: Australian opera singer.
- Romney Brent: Saltillo, Mexico -- Actor / writer (Dinner at the Ritz).
- Laurence "Bill": Craigie jet pioneer.
- Menno ter Braak: Dutch writer / essayist (Carnaval of the Citizens).
- Jokichi Ikarashi: Japanese super-centenarian (d. 2013).