Thursday 9 January 1902
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Josemaria Escriva and Rudolf Bing.
Sr. Wrangler Mr. R.P. Paranjpe, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
while Audrey by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1902 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Josemaria Escriva
- Rudolf Bing: Austrian-born British opera manager (Born 1902).
- Saint Josemaria Escriva: Spanish Catholic priest and founder of Opus Dei (d. 1975).
- Rudolph Bing: Austrian Opera Impresario, General Manager of the Metropolitan Opera House from 1950-1972.
- Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer: Spanish ecclesiastic, the founder of a Catholic sect "Opus Dei" (God's Work) in Spain.
- Josemaría Escrivá: Spanish priest and saint founded Opus Dei (d. 1975).
- Gustaaf Rolin-Jaequemyns Belgian lawyer/Interior minister: dies at age 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1902 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good Morning, Carrie - Bert Williams
- I Don't Like That Face You Wear - Bert Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?