Wednesday 1 April 1992
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Save The Best For Last by Vanessa Williams.
In UK Stay by Shakespear's Sister was in the top 5 hits.
Newsies, directed by Kenny Ortega, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1992!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1992 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
Famous Birthdays:01 April
- 5th Largest wrestling crowd (64,287 - Toronto SkyDome)
- Battleship USS Missouri (on which Japan surrendered) decommissioned.
- Last defendant in St. John sex assault case sentenced to 3 yrs probation
- Rocker Billy Idol fined $2,000 for hitting a woman
- WA beat NSW by 44 runs to win the Sheffield Shield Final
- NFL decides to stay with 17-week schedule instead of expanded 18 games.
- NHL players begin first strike in 75-year history.
- Start of the Bosnian war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
- Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece
- Mr. Big - To Be With You
- Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
- Mint Condition - Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)
- Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
- Genesis - I Can't Dance
- Celine Dion - Beauty And The Beast
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?