Thursday 16 April 1992
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Save The Best For Last by Vanessa Williams.
In UK Deeply Dippy by Right Said Fred was in the top 5 hits.
FernGully: The Last Rainforest, directed by Bill Kroyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1992!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1992 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Ronnie Flex: Pop Singer.
- Prince Sebastien: of Luxembourg.
- Sébastien: Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg.
- Metro opens at Minskoff Theater NYC for 13 performances
- 1st concrete is poured at new ballpark at Gateway (Jacobs Field)
- Afghanistan President Najibullah resigns.
- New York Rangers win team record 50th game.
- The Katina P. runs aground off of Maputo, Mozambique and 60,000 tons of crude oil spill into the ocean.
- President of Afghanistan Mohammad Najibullah is ousted and detained by Muslim rebels moving towards Kabul, setting the stage for the civil war in Afghanistan (1992–1996).
- Seville, Spain's 6-month Universal Exhibition, called Seville Expo '92, opens.
- The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert, held at Wembley Stadium, is televised live to over 1 billion people and raises millions of dollars for AIDS research.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece
- Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
- TLC - Ain't 2 Proud To Beg
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Celine Dion - Beauty And The Beast
- Mint Condition - Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?