Wednesday 29 April 1992
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Jump by Kris Kross.
In UK Deeply Dippy by Right Said Fred was in the top 5 hits.
FernGully: The Last Rainforest, directed by Bill Kroyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1992!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1992 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
Famous Birthdays:29 April
- Mae Clarke: Actress (Public Enemy, Frankenstein), dies at 84.
- Falsettos opens at John Golden Theater NYC for 487 performances
- Country singer Doug Stone, 35, undergoes quadruple bypass surgery
- Jury acquits LA police officers of beating Rodney King, riots begin
- Sheena Easton collapses on stage while performing in Man of LaMancha
- Voting ends on choice of Elvis stamps
- 27th Academy of Country Music Awards: Garth Brooks wins.
- In Simi Valley, California, the Los Angeles police officers accused of excessive force in their severe beating of Rodney King, are found "not guilty". The verdict results in several days of riots in Los Angeles and smaller riots around the country, leading to 53 deaths and US$1 billion in damage.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- TLC - Ain't 2 Proud To Beg
- Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
- Joe Public - Live And Learn
- Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You
- Richard Marx - Hazard
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?