Wednesday 15 April 1992
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Devin Oliver and Amy Diamond.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Save The Best For Last by Vanessa Williams.
In UK Deeply Dippy by Right Said Fred was in the top 5 hits.
FernGully: The Last Rainforest, directed by Bill Kroyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Wakefield's Crusade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Count Duckula 2 or Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1992!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1992 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Devin Oliver: Pop Singer.
- Amy Diamond: Swedish singer and actress.
- Kimberly Ramos: Venezuelan actress and singer.
- John Guidetti: Swedish footballer.
- Richard Sandrak: Ukrainian-American bodybuilder martial artist and actor.
- Otis Barton: American diver engineer and actor designed the bathysphere (d. 1992).
- Billionaire Leona Helmsley is sent to jail for tax evasion.
- New York Islanders' Al Arbour coaches the most NHL games (1,438).
- William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, and DeForest Kelley inducted into National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame.
- The National Assembly of Vietnam adopts the 1992 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx loses its accreditation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece
- Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
- TLC - Ain't 2 Proud To Beg
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Celine Dion - Beauty And The Beast
- Mint Condition - Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?