Tuesday 1 November 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Damon Green and Said Aquita.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
North to Alaska, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Nature of Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1960 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Damon Green: Pensacola, Florida -- Nike golfer (1990 Pensacola Open-49th).
- Said Aquita: Runner (1984 Olympics - Gold / Bronze Medalist).
- Fernando Valenzuela: Mexican-American baseball player who was first seen as a rookie with the Dodgers during the 1980 season.
- Tim Cook: Business Executive.
- Balitmore Oriole shortstop Ron Hansen voted AL Rookie of Year
- Benelux treaty goes into effect.
- While campaigning for President of the United States, John F. Kennedy announces his idea of the Peace Corps.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Bob Luman - Let's Think About Living
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?