Thursday 1 November 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Kelland and Maga Furuholmen.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to He's A Rebel by The Crystals.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Mutiny on the Bounty, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jim Knopf und die wilde Dreizehn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1962!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1962 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Kelly Kelland: London, Ontario -- Softball 1st baseman (1996 Olympics).
- Maga Furuholmen: Rocker.
- Michelle Estill: Scottsdale, Arizona -- LPGA golfer (1991 PING-Cellular One).
- Robert Willis: Sydney, NSW -- Australasia golfer.
- Irene Fargo: Italian singer, actress and television personality.
- Anthony Kiedis: American entertainer, primarily a musician, the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He has appeared in films under the name Cole Dammett.
- Sharron Davies: English swimmer and sportscaster
- Magne Furuholmen: Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist (A-ha and Apparatjik)
- Cuban missile crisis ends, JFK says USSR is dismantling missile bases
- KYVE TV channel 47 in Yakima, WA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- USSR launches Mars 1; radio contact lost before arrival at Mars
- WNYC TV channel 31 in New York, New York (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WZZM TV channel 13 in Grand Rapids, MI (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Greece enters the European Common Market.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Johnny Mathis - Gina
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Neil Sedaka - Next Door To An Angel
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?