Tuesday 1 September 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1931!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1931 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Matthew J Rinaldo: (Rep-R-New Jersey, 1973- ).
- Boxcar Willie: American country music singer, real name Lecil Travis Martin, who sang in the "old-time hobo" music style, complete with dirty face, overalls, and a floppy hat.
- Michel Dupuch: French diplomat, a former Ambassador of France in Ivory Coast, close to the former president Henri Konan Bedie.
- Sunny Von Bülow: American heiress and socialite.
- Abdul Ansari: Indian theologian and scholar (d. 2012).
- Sammy Arena: American singer (d. 2012)
- Beano Cook: American journalist and sportscaster (d. 2012)
- Cecil Parkinson: English accountant and politician Secretary of State for Transport
- Gehrig hits his 3rd grand slam in 4 days and his 6th HR in consecutive games
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?