Wednesday 1 October 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Check and Double Check, directed by Melville Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1930 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Philippe Esnault: French film historian, filmmaker and writer, who died on 29 August 2008 in Ceret.
- Richard Harris: Irish actor and versatile talent, the winner of an Academy Award and Golden Globe Award, a Grammy Award, acclaim as a pop recording artist and knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II in June 1981.
- Philippe Noiret: French actor in TV and film, adept at both comedy and drama.
- Frank Gardner: Australian race car driver and manager (d. 2009).
- Naimatullah Khan: Pakistani lawyer and politician Mayor of Karachi.
- Ricardo Drigo: Composer, dies at 84.
- Soccer team WHC forms
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?