Monday 2 April 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1934 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Diane Cilento: Rabaul -- Actress (Hombre, Tom Jones, Wicker Man).
- Peter Middleton: British permanent Secretary (Treasury).
- Paul Joseph Cohen: American mathematician (d. 2007).
- Christopher France: British permanent secretary (Department of Health).
- Dino Cassio: Italian actor and singer, who started in vaudeville as a character actor, then moved to Rome and in 1964 joined the Turin group 'i Brutos.
- Shirley Douglas: Canadian actress, activist and noted family member, she is the ex-wife of actor Donald Sutherland (married from 1966-1970) and the mother of their son, Kiefer Sutherland. Her dad is Tommy Douglas, a Canadian politician and once Premier of Saskatchewan. During the late 1960s she moved to the US with her then-husband and became active in the Civil Rights Movement.
- Paul Cohen: American mathematician and theorist (d. 2007)
- Brian Glover: English wrestler and actor (d. 1997)
- Carl Kasell: American journalist and game show host
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?