Thursday 2 April 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Incaviglia in Pebble Beach and Pete Incaviglia.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
Paris When It Sizzles, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Drehscheibe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1964 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Pete Incaviglia in Pebble Beach: California, USA; outfielder (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Pete Incaviglia: American baseball player and coach.
- Jonathon Sharkey: American wrestler.
- USSR launches Zond 1 to Venus; no data returned
- Military coup in Brazil by General Castello Branco, President Goulart ousted.
- Josef Klaus succeeds Alfons Gorbach as chancellor of Austria.
- Mrs. Malcolm Peabody, 72, mother of Massachusetts Governor Endicott Peabody, is released on $450 bond after spending 2 days in a St. Augustine, Florida jail, for participating in an anti-segregation demonstration there.
- The Beatles hold the top 5 positions in the Billboard Top 40 singles in America, an unprecedented achievement. The top songs in America as listed on April 4, in order, are: Can't Buy Me Love, Twist and Shout, She Loves You, I Want to Hold Your Hand, and Please Please Me.
- Three high school friends in Hoboken, N.J., open the first BLIMPIE on Washington Street.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- Bobby Vinton - My Heart Belongs To Only You
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?