Wednesday 2 August 1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Amadeus Hartmann and Karl Klüsner.
Ensalada criolla, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1905!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1905 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Karl Amadeus Hartmann: German composer (d. 1963).
- Karl Klüsner: German film actor, who died on 25 July 1960 in Berlin-Wannsee.
- Myrna Loy: American actress whose political views took her into prominence in UNESCO.
- Maya Perez: Guyanan psychic.
- Karl Klusner: Germany Actor.
- Karl Hartmann: German composer (d. 1963)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1905 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Longing for You - Byron G. Harlan
- Cavalleria Rusticanna - Brindisi (Drinking Song) - Enrico Caruso
- In the Sweet Bye and Bye - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Excelsior - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?