Wednesday 2 January 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1918 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Willi Graf: German physician and activist (d. 1943).
- Sijbe K Bakker vicar/theologist (Christian-Socialism): dies at age 42.
- Dodgers trade Casey Stengel and Cutshaw to Pittsburgh for Grimes and Mamaux
- NHL Montreal Wanderers disband after Westmount arena burns down
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?