Tuesday 8 January 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1918 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Marjorie Cheney: American noted family, the mother of Dick Cheney, who was sworn in as vice-president of the United States under G.W.
- George Cook: Canadian musician, a guitarist, singer and country songwriter.
- Mississippi becomes first state to ratify 18th amendment (prohibition).
- President Woodrow Wilson announces his ''Fourteen Points'' for the aftermath of World War I.
- Woodrow Wilson delivers his Fourteen Points speech.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way - Peerless Quartet
- Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Sailin' Away On the Henry Clay - Victor Military Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 January 1918 and get them!