Friday 2 January 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1970 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Sanda Ladosi: Romanian singer.
- Ogie Diaz: Filipino comedian and actor.
- Glenn Cadrez: NFL linebacker (Denver Broncos-Super Bowl XXXII).
- Royce Clayton in Burbank: California, USA; infielder (San Francisco Giants, Saint Louis Cardinals).
- Eric Whitacre: American composer.
- Sheree Whitfield: Reality Star
- Robert Bardo: American homicide; a stalker, one of those strange predators who fixates on a public figure and follows their every move. He became obsessed with Rebecca Schaeffer, a 21-year-old actress with fresh, unspoiled beauty, the co-star of a TV series, "My Sister Sam," and he paid a private investigator $250 to find out her address.
- Aleksandr Shimin: Hockey goaltender (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998)
- Piotr Rytel: Composer, dies at 85.
- Dutch premiere of musical Hair in Amsterdam
- US population is 205,052,174; Black population: 22,600,000 (11.1 percent).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?