Saturday 3 January 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yogi Johl and Trudi Jeffrey in Brisbane.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kolumbowie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1970 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Yogi Johl: Vancouver, British Columbia -- 130 kg Greco Roman wrestler (1996 Olympics).
- Trudi Jeffrey in Brisbane: Queensland, Australia; golfer (1990 Australian Jr Champion).
- Tony Farmer: NBA forward (Charlotte Hornets).
- Christian Duguay: American comic actor.
- Mahaya Petrosian: Iranian actress.
- Gladys Aylward: British missionary (Born 1902).
- Jimmy closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 84 performances
- Mame closes at Winter Garden Theater New York City, New York after 1508 performances.
- WHAG TV channel 25 in Hagerstown, MD (NBC) begins broadcasting
- The Prairie Network of cameras on parairie states of the USA records the fall of a stony meteorite, with four fragments totalling 17kg recovered near Lost City in Oklahoma, Nebraska.
- Marxist government takes over in Congo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?