Saturday 2 October 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1948 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Donna Karan: American fashion designer of DKNY fame.
- Donna Karan in Forest Hills: New York, USA; fashion designer (Coty Award-1977).
- Avery Brooks: Evansville, Indiana -- Actor (Spenser for Hire, Deep Space 9).
- Trevor Brooking: English footballer and manager.
- Siim Kallas: Estonian soldier and politician 13th Prime Minister of Estonia.
- Chris LeDoux: American country singer and rodeo competitor (Born 1948)
- Persis Khambatta: East Indian model and actress who made her modeling debut at the age of 13. Khambatta was the winner of a beauty contest as Miss India at 16. She starred in Indian films, winning a Best Actress award in her own country and branching out into high fashion modeling in London and New York. In Hollywood her exotic, classic beauty was seen in the films "The Wilby Conspiracy" and "Conduct Unbecoming." She is most noted and remembered for appearing as the bald headed navigator from the planet Delta in
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 October 1948 and get them!