Monday 2 October 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Fredericks and Thomas Muster.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Urutora sebun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1967 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Frank Fredericks: African track and field: runner, Silver in 100M & 200M in Atlanta.
- Thomas Muster: Leibnitz, Austria -- Tennis star (1995 French Open).
- Frankie Fredericks: Namibian sprinter.
- Bud Gaugh: American drummer (Sublime Long Beach Dub Allstars Eyes Adrift Volcano and Sublime with Rome).
- Gary Gregg: American political scientist author and academic.
- Albertina Rasch: Ballerina / choreographer, dies at 76.
- Grateful Dead members arrested by narcotic agents
- Groundbreaking begins on Veteran Stadium in Philadelphia
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Seven Lakes Golf Invitational
- Thurgood Marshall is sworn in as the first African-American justice of United States Supreme Court.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?