Friday 4 March 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anton Stanislaus Balasingham and Adam Daniel Rotfeld.
Jezebel, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1938!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1938 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Anton Stanislaus Balasingham: Political strategist and negotiator (d. 2006).
- Adam Daniel Rotfeld: Polish diplomat and researcher.
- Annie Lacheroy: French astrologer, author of the book "L'astrologie et le thème astral par les couleurs, Une nouvelle approche des grandes traditions.
- Paula Prentiss: American actress, a leading lady in Hollywood films, adept at urbane screwball comedy roles.
- Anton Balasingham: Sri Lankan political strategist (Born 1938).
- Alpha Condé: Guinean politician President of Guinea
- Marshall Cooke: Australian lawyer and politician
- Allan Kornblum: American police officer and judge (d. 2010)
- Roy Hazelwood: former FBI profiler of sex crimes
- Angus MacLise: American composer, drummer (Velvet Underground), mystic and shaman (Born 1938)
- Don Perkins: American football player and sportscaster
- Adam Rotfeld: Polish academic and politician Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?