Friday 18 March 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charley Pride in Sledge and Timo Makinen.
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Byng-Ho!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1938!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1938 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Charley Pride in Sledge: Mississippi, USA; country singer ("Just Between You And Me", "Sweet Country").
- Timo Makinen: Finnish race car driver.
- Marie-Thérèse Feret: French dancer, the wife of ballet dancer Max Bozzoni (married 17 October 1959 - divorced 25 June 1970), Francois Gragnon (20 April 1974 - 25 January 1985), and Jackie Feret (married 6 July 2002).
- Shashi Kapoor: Indian film actor and film producer.
- Charley Pride: Country Singer.
- Carl Gottlieb: American actor and screenwriter
- Kenny Lynch: English singer-songwriter and actor
- Timo Mäkinen: Finnish race car driver
- Machiko Soga: Japanese voice actress and actress (d. 2006)
- Cyril Rootham: Composer, dies at 62.
- Mexico takes control of foreign-owned oil properties
- New York 1st requires serological blood tests of pregnant women
- President Cardena of Mexico nationalizes US and British oil companies
- New York first requires serological blood tests of pregnant women.
- Mexico expropriates property of 17 American and British oil companies for failure to comply with wage decisions.
- Mexico nationalizes all foreign-owned oil properties within its borders.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 March 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?