Friday 18 March 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1938!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1938 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Charley Pride: Country Singer.
- Carl Gottlieb: American actor and screenwriter.
- Kenny Lynch: English singer-songwriter and actor.
- Timo Mäkinen: Finnish race car driver.
- Machiko Soga: Japanese voice actress and actress (d. 2006).
- Shashi Kapoor: Indian film actor and film producer. He has also been a film director and assistant director in the Hindi film industry. He is a member of the Kapoor family, a film dynasty in India's Bollywood cinema. He is the younger brother of Raj Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor, the son of Prithviraj Kapoor, the widower of Jennifer Kendal, and the father of Karan Kapoor, Kunal Kapoor, and Sanjana Kapoor. He has appeared in a large number of Hindi films as well as in a few English-language films. In 2011, he was ho
- Charley Pride in Sledge: Mississippi, USA; country singer ("Just Between You And Me", "Sweet Country").
- Timo Makinen: Finnish race car driver
- Marie-Thérèse Feret: French dancer, the wife of ballet dancer Max Bozzoni (married 17 October 1959 - divorced 25 June 1970), Francois Gragnon (20 April 1974 - 25 January 1985), and Jackie Feret (married 6 July 2002).
- Cyril Rootham: Composer, dies at 62.
- Mexico takes control of foreign-owned oil properties
- New York 1st requires serological blood tests of pregnant women
- President Cardena of Mexico nationalizes US and British oil companies
- New York first requires serological blood tests of pregnant women.
- Mexico expropriates property of 17 American and British oil companies for failure to comply with wage decisions.
- Mexico nationalizes all foreign-owned oil properties within its borders.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 March 1938 and get them!