Wednesday 23 March 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Glenn in New York City and Silvano Agosti.
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Byng-Ho!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1938!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1938 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Christopher Glenn in New York City: New York, USA; news anchor (CBS Nightwatch).
- Silvano Agosti: Italian director, screenwriter and writer.
- Maynard Jackson: American lawyer and politician, he served as the Mayor of Atlanta, GA.
- Jon Finlayson: Australian actor and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Irwin Levine: composer ("Tie a Yellow Ribbon"), dies at age 58.
- Dave Pike: American vibraphone player and songwriter (d. 2015)
- Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis frees 74 Saint Louis Cardinals' minor league players.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?