Friday 4 February 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1938 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Donald W Riegle Jr American politician (Senator-Democrat-Michigan: 1976-).
- Donald W Riegle: Jr.
- Martin Greif: Irish-American author and editor.
- Ron Russell: American known artist who paints acrylic on glass, lovely works of space and fantasy scenes.
- Donald Riegle: Flint Politician.
- Birju Maharaj: Indian dancer and choreographer
- Our Town, by Thornton Wilder opens on Broadway
- Hitler seizes control of German army and puts Nazi in key posts
- RKO Radio Pictures generally releases the film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to theatres in the USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?