Saturday 4 September 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lower Depths, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1937 ?
- Gene Ludwig: American organist and composer (d. 2010).
- Mikk Mikiver: Estonian actor and director (d. 2006).
- Virgil Richard: American general (d. 2013).
- Les Allen: English footballer and manager.
- Nicholas Worth: American actor (d. 2007).
- Dawn Fraser: Australian athlete, officially recognized by an international jury as the world's finest female swimmer of the century at a ceremony for the World Sports Awards in Vienna in November 1999. The Sport Australia Hall of Fame followed suit by announcing 'Our Dawn' as Australia's female athlete of the century. Fraser is the only swimmer, male or female, to have won a freestyle event at three consecutive Olympic games. Many people share her conviction that this tally could have been four, were she not
- Giovanni Salviucci: Composer, dies at 29.
- Doris Kopsky becomes first NABA woman cycling champion (4:22.4).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?