Tuesday 7 September 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lower Depths, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1937 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- John Law: American actor of stage and screen, he made films in the US and Europe.
- George Patrick Reid: Schoolkeeper.
- John Phillip Law in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Barbarella, Love Machine).
- Cüneyt Arkın: Turkish actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Oleg Lobov: Russian politician Premier of the Russian SFSR.
- Olly Wilson: American pianist bassist and composer
- Cuneyt Ark?n: Turkish film actor
- John : Hollywood Actor
- CBS broadcasts a two-and-a-half hour memorial concert nationwide on radio in memory of George Gershwin, live from the Hollywood Bowl. Many celebrities appear, including Oscar Levant, Fred Astaire, Otto Klemperer, Lily Pons, and members of the original cast of ''Porgy and Bess''. The concert is recorded and released complete years later in what is excellent sound for its time, on CD. The Los Angeles Philharmonic is the featured orchestra.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?